We successfully hosted the 15th Global Meeting of the Emerging Markets Forum in collaboration with Banque de France in Paris between May 16-18, 2022.
We were delighted to host this physical conference after a break of two years –due to a pandemic that left no region of the world untouched. To say the least the world has not only changed, it continues to change even at a faster pace than ever before.
Keeping in mind the situation the world is currently going through, this year’s agenda was built around an overarching theme of: Navigating in a Fast Moving and Turbulent World.
Apart from taking a deep look at the contemporary and global mega trends, the Forum also discussed the impact of geopolitical turmoil on the global economy and turbulence facing the global monetary system, the emerging technological landscape for emerging markets, challenges of climate change, and growing inequality and inequities facing the world. The Forum also discussed the severe development challenges facing Africa and possible growth paths for Latin America.
The Forum was co-chaired by Montek Singh Ahluwalia, Former Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission of India; Masatsugu Asakawa, President, Asian Development Bank (ADB); Michel Camdessus, Former Managing Director, IMF; and Enrique Garcia, Former President and Chief Executive Officer, CAF – Development Bank of Latin America.
As in the past, this year’s Global meeting brought together around 140 prominent policy makers, private sector leaders, academics and intellectuals from around the world to have open and vibrant discussions on ten carefully selected topics over three days.
A major highlight of the Forum was the global launch of our latest book:
The book gives a long-term perspective of the likely evolution of the economic and social landscape of emerging market economies in the context of prospects of the global economy as a whole. It comprises of 21 chapters written by 20 world class authors.
To know more about the meeting please write to us at : email@example.com
Program for 2022 along with list of participants
Profiles of Participants at the 2022 meeting in Paris
Curtain raiser press release for the 2022 global meeting, Paris
Press Coverage for the Paris conference 2022 –
Emerging Markets Forum
About the speech by the Governor of Banque de France
– AFP : L’euro résiste, mais le marché inquiet profite au dollar
– Bloomberg : Willeroy warned ECB will watch Euro for imported inflation danger
– Reuters – ECB’s Villeroy : overly weak euro could threaten inflation goal
– Reuters : Un uro trop faible complique la lutte contre l’inflation, dit Villeroy (BCE)
– Usinenouvelle.com : Un euro trop faible compliquerait la lutte contre l’inflation, dit Villeroy (BCE)
About the speech by H.E. Alassane Dramane Ouattara, President of Ivory Coast (Côte d’Ivoire)
– Afrikipresse.fr : Impact des Crises mondiales sur les économies africaines : Alassane Ouattara appelle à un appui plus important de la communauté internationale (6e Forum des Marchés Émergents) (afrikipresse.fr)
– Afrique-sur7.ci : France – Forum des Marchés : Ouattara retrouve ses amis du FMI (afrique-sur7.ci)
– Ccilci.org : Le Chef de l’Etat ivoirien prend part en France, à la cérémonie d’ouverture du Forum des Marchés Émergents – Chambre de Commerce et d’Industrie Libanaise de Côte d’Ivoire | CCIL-CI (ccilci.org)
Book Talk : Envisioning 2060: opportunities and risks for emerging markets at Oxford Martin School; University of Oxford, May 31, 2022.
Climate Change Policy for Developing Countries, in conversation with Dr Montek Singh Ahluwalia at London School of Economics, UK ; May 30, 2022
Book discussion event organised at CASA SEAT in Barcelona in May, 2022.
Session with Harinder Kolhi and Sylvie Naville
Session on Latin America with Enrique Garcia and Pedro Ralda
Here are a few glimpses from our recently concluded 15th Global meeting at Paris held during May 16 – 18, 2022. For more photographs click here :