The Participants of the Emerging Markets Forum are drawn from the highest strata of the private and public sectors, and also:
- Enjoy comparable international stature and thus constitute a peer group.
- Bring extraordinary experience and expertise to the issues being considered.
- Are invited by name as individuals.
- Are willing and able to use their influence to implement conclusions.
- Are a mix of permanent participants (who ensure continuity) and participants invited to specific meetings (who bring exceptional knowledge of specific issues.)
- Are present at all meetings during a Forum, and attend without staff.
- Represent their personal views rather than official positions.
The Forum has attracted nearly 1,000 participants from more than 80 countries, including former and current Heads of Government, Central Bank Governors, Heads of Multilateral organizations, CEOs, Heads of Think Tanks, and other high-profile leaders.
Heads of Government
- Fakhruddin Ahmed, Former Prime Minister of Bangladesh
- Shaukat Aziz, Former Prime Minister of Pakistan
- Kim Campbell, Former Prime Minister of Canada
- Joaquim Chissano, Former President of Mozambique
- Joseph Deiss, Former President of the Swiss Confederation
- Nguyen Tan Dzung, Prime Minister of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam
- Vicente Fox, Former President of Mexico
- Alfred Gusenbauer, Former Chancellor of Austria
- Osvaldo Hurtado, Former President of Ecuador
- Horst Koehler, Former President of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Aleksander Kwasniewski, Former Prime Minister of Canada
- Paul Martin, Former Prime Minister of Canada
- Carlos Mesa, Former President of the Republic of Bolivia
- Benjamin William Mkapa, Former President of Tanzania
- Raila Odinga, Former Prime Minister of Kenya
- Ehud Olmert, Former Prime Minister of Israel
- Alassane Ouattara, President of Côte d’Ivoire
- Nursultan Nazarbayev, President of Kazakhstan
- Romano Prodi, Former Prime Minister of Italy
- Jorge Quiroga, Former President of the Republic of Bolivia
- Moeen Qureshi, Former Prime Minister of Pakistan
- Fidel V. Ramos, Former President of the Republic of Philippines
- Martin Torrijos, Former President of Panama
- Alvaro Uribe, Former President of Colombia
- Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, President of Indonesia
- Tertius Zongo, Former Prime Minister of Burkina Faso
Heads of Multilateral Institutions
- Jaseem Ahmed, Secretary General, Islamic Financial Services Board
- Alicia Barcena, Secretary General, UN Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC)
- Michel Camdessus, Former Managing Director, International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- Enrique Garcia, President, Corporación Andina de Fomento (CAF)
- Enrique V. Iglesias, Former President, Inter-American Development Bank (IADB)
- Abdoulie Janneh, Former Secretary General, Economic Commission for Africa (ECA)
- Omar Kabbaj, Former President, African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Jean-Claude Dro Kesse, President, African Parliament of Civil Society
- Horst Koehler, Former Managing Director, International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- Takehiko Nakao, Former President, Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Haruhiko Kuroda, Former President, Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Luis Alberto Moreno, President, Inter-American Development Bank (IADB)
- Babacar Ndiaye, Former President, African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Yoichi Nemoto, Director, ASEAN+3 Macroeconomic Research Office (AMRO)
- Surin Pitsuwan, Secretary General, ASEAN
- Hiroshi Watanabe, President and CEO, Japan Bank for International Cooperation
Central Bank Governors/Deputies from
Argentina, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Botswana, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, France, Georgia, Ghana, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mauritania, Mexico, Morocco, Pakistan, Peru, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, United Kingdom, Uruguay, Vietnam, and Zambia.
Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Brazil, Cambodia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Mali, Mauritania, Mexico, Mongolia, Morocco, Pakistan, Philippines, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Uruguay, and Vietnam.