The 2019 Global Meeting of the Emerging Markets Forum took place October 20-22 in Lansdowne Resort & Spa, Virginia, United States.
As in the past, the Forum was co-chaired by Michel Camdessus, Honorary Chairman, Banque de France and former Managing Director, IMF; Enrique Garcia, Former President and Chief Executive Officer, CAF – Development Bank of Latin America; Takehiko Nakao, President, Asian Development Bank (ADB); and Hiroshi Watanabe, Chairman, Institute for International Monetary Affairs.
We are delighted to announce that Mr. Linqun Jin, the founding Chairman and President of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) has graciously accepted our invitation to join the Emerging Markets Forum as a co-chair as well. He was with us at Lansdowne as you will see from this program.
This year, the agenda was built under the following over-arching theme: Steering Emerging Markets Economies in a Turbulent World. As in the past, this year’s Global Meeting brings together about 100 prominent policy makers, private sector leaders and intellectuals from around the world to have open and vibrant discussions on below carefully selected topics over two and half days.
• Global Economic Governance
• Prospects of Democracies
• An Action Program to Fight Inequality Worldwide
• Challenges of Improving Governance and Fighting Corruption in Emerging Markets
• Jobs and New Technologies
• Climate Change and Disaster Risk Management
• Economic Outlook of Asia
• Reviving Latin America’s Economy & Social Performance in a Turbulent World
• Claiming Africa’s Place in a Turbulent World
• Belt & Road Initiative: Policy Lessons from Central Asia and Africa
Please click here to go to the meeting page for the preliminary program.